Latest News (8)
Planning Commission Meeting of the City of St. Joseph July 9 @ 4:30 PM
The Planning Commission meeting of the City of St. Joseph is scheduled for Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.Read more ...
Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Meeting July 9 @ 8:00 AM
The Downtown Developmnet Authority (DDA) meeting of the City of St. Joseph is scheduled for Thursday July 9, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.Read more ...
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Meeting July 9 @ 8:00 AM
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting of the City of St. Joseph is scheduled for Thursday July 9, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) John & Dede Howard Ice Arena Concession Operations
Proposals will be received until 2:00 pm on Friday, July 31, 2020 by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's Office; 700 Broad St, St. Joseph MI 49085.Read more ...
Registering to Vote
Have you moved and need to update your address for voting?Read more ...
Primary Ballots Mailed Out
Advertisement for Bids: 2020 Water Service Replacements
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 pm local time July 15, 2020 by the City of St. Joseph at the City Clerk's Office, 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085.Read more ...
Saint Joseph Public Library Reopening Plan
To view the Library Reopening Plan, please click on it.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Wind: 5.59 m/h
09 Jul 2020
10 Jul 2020
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.