Latest News (8)
Public Notice: City of St. Joseph Employees' Retirement System
Please be advised that there will be a Special Meeting of the Employees' Reitrement System Board on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 10 a.m. in the City Commission Chambers. To view the Public Noitce, click on it.
Howard Ice Arena Open Skate Thanksgiving Schedule
The Howard Ice Arena will be opening the season next week with Open Skate from 3-8pm Tuesday, November 20th.Read more ...
Time to remove all election related political signs from your property
In accordance with St. Joseph City Code of Ordinance Section 25-3(6)h.5 temporary political signs related to an election must be removed on the 7th day following an election.Read more ...
Request for Proposals - Public Works Materials and Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of construction and maintenance materials and supplies for use by the Department of Public Works.Read more ...
Request for Proposals - Water & Sewer Repair and Maintenance Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of commonly used water and sewer repair parts and supplies. Click to view the RFP, Notice and Bid Form. Deadline to apply is 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
Request for Proposal (RFP) 2019 - 2020 Right-of-Way and City Park Tree Trimming and Removal Program
The City of St. Joseph Department of Public Works is soliciting proposals from qualified tree trimming contractors.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Briarwood Shelter Concrete Floor and Aprons
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from qualified concrete contractors for new concrete floor and aprons at the new Briarwood Picnic Shelter, Riverview Park, 2927 Niles Road, St. Joseph. MI. For additional information, please click here.
Per - and Polyfluoalkyl Substances (PFAS) in Drinking Water
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), are a group of chemicals that have been classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an emerging contaminant on the national level.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through construction material. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup.
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you