Latest News (8)
To all prospective bidders: Addendum No. 1 - Niles Avenue Demolition Project, 1015 Niles Avenue
To view Addendum No. 1 for 1015 Niles Avenue Demolition Project, please click on it.
March 30th City Commission Meeting Cancelled
Please be advised that the City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, March 30, 2020, has been cancelled. To view the notice, please click here.
Paying Your Utility Bill
For more information on paying your Utility Bill, please click here.
Governor Whitmer Signs "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Exective Order
For more information on the Governors Exective Order, click on it.
City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, March 17, 2020
To view the City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, please click here.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please click here for additional information.
City of St. Joseph Temporarily Suspends Water Sampling Collection at City Hall
Effective immediately, due to the Coronavirus, the City of St. Joseph is temporarily suspending the distribution and collection of water sampling test kits at St. Joseph City Hall.Read more ...
For the most up to date information regarding the coronavirus, residents are encouraged to visit the Berrien County Health Department website at: http://berriencounty.org/1643/Coronavirus-Disease-COVID-19Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Wind: 10.56 m/h
28 Mar 2020
29 Mar 2020
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.