Latest News (8)
Advertisement for Proposals (RFP) 2020 City Parking Lot Sealing & Striping
Proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 by the City of St Joseph, at the City Clerk’s Office; 700 Broad St, St. Joseph MI 49085.Read more ...
Advertisement for Proposal (RFP) St. Joseph Charter Township Water Distribution System Leak Survey
Proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk’s Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085 at which time said proposals will be opened and publicly read aloud in the City Commission Chambers for the Water System Leak Survey.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Langley Avenue Reconstruction Project Professional Engineering Services
The City of St. Joseph invites interested Consultants to submit information regarding their experience, qualifications, and fees for providing professional engineering services for the 2021 Langley Avenue Reconstruction Project.Read more ...
Job Opening for Parks and Recreation Internship
The City of St Joseph is seeking an intern to assist in the parks and recreation department.Read more ...
2020 AV Counting Board
Would you like to make $125 for working one 9-10-hour day with dinner provided?Read more ...
Job Opening: Seasonal Laborer
The City of St. Joseph is currently accepting applications for the position of Seasonal Laborer in the Public Works Department.Read more ...
Click here to see information for the March10th Presidential Primary.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Maids of the Mist Fountain Refurbishment
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to provide interested contractors with sufficient information to submit proposals for consideration by the City of St. Joseph in connection with its needs for refurbishment of the Maids of the Mist fountain, located in Lake Bluff park.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Wind: 5.59 m/h
20 Feb 2020
21 Feb 2020
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.