Latest News (5)
Halloween Trick-or-Treat Events, October 29-31, 2021
Halloween trick or treat hours in the City of St. Joseph will be 6pm - 7:30pm on Halloween, Sunday, October 31, 2021.
In addition, there are two other opportunities for youngsters to trick or treat, leading up to Halloween!
St. Joseph Today and local businesses are sponsoring 2021 Halloween Downtown Trick or Treat from 4:30pm - 6pm on Friday, October 29, 2021, in downtown St. Joseph and in the Benton Harbor Arts District.
Join us for a little Halloween fun with our "Truck or Treat" event from 4pm - 6pm on Saturday, October 30, 2021, at the John & Dede Howard Ice Arena, 2414 Willa Dr. Fire trucks, police cars and excavators! Come see the trucks that get the jobs done. Local businesses will let you explore the vehicles while you trick or treat from truck to truck.
Job Opening: Ice Arena Operations — Seasonal Employment
The City of St. Joseph is now accepting applications for seasonal employment at the John & Dede Howard Ice Arena for the upcoming Fall/Winter season.Read more ...
City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, October 2021
To view the City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, please click here.
New website lets tourists visit St. Joseph from the comfort of their couches
ST. JOSEPH, Mich. (July 29, 2020) – The City of St. Joseph, in concert with The Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber and St. Joseph Today, recently announced the launch of a site that allows visitors to virtually stroll through downtown St. Joseph, facilitate shopping and check out what’s new along the bluff.Read more ...
For the most up to date information regarding the coronavirus, residents are encouraged to visit the Berrien County Health Department website at: http://berriencounty.org/1643/Coronavirus-Disease-COVID-19Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.