Latest News (8)
Agenda for City Commission meeting, 6:00pm Monday, September 26, 2022
To view the agenda items before the St. Joseph City Commission at its meeting of Monday, September 26, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. go to the following link:
Request for Proposal (RFP) Howard Family Trail Bridge Repair 2022
Proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday October 18, 2022 by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk’s Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085. Proposals will be opened on October 18, 2022 at 3:15pm in the City Commission Chambers.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Window Replacement Woodbine Lodge #3
Sealed bids are due a the St. Joseph City Clerk's Office no later than 3:00 pm, October 11, 2022.Read more ...
Invitation for Bids (IFB) Plumbing Replacement and Renovation Project - Rebid
The St. Joseph Housing Commission (SJHC) invites sealed bids from contractors for the Lake View Terrace Highrise Emergency Plumbing Replacement and Renovation project.
Bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 6, 2022, by SJHC Offices: at 601 Port Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Kiwanis Park Restroom Renovation
Proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday October 11, 2022 by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk’s Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085.Read more ...
Dog Day at the Fountain, October 1st
More information available at: https://stjosephmi.myrec.com/info/news/details.aspx?NewsID=4537
Job Opening: Water Filtration Plant Maintenance Foreman
The City of St. Joseph currently seeking a Water Filtration Plant Maintenance Foreman.Read more ...
Job Opening: Ice Arena Operations Assistant
To read all the latest news, click here.
Department of Public Works
Hours: 7:30 am - 4 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
AFTER HOUR EMERGENCY? PLEASE CALL (269) 983-2571
The Public Works Facility is open to the public by appointment only. To make a service request please contact the Department by telephone at (269) 983-6341 or by using the link below.
The Public Works Department maintains the city’s infrastructure throughout four divisions. The following is an overview of the Department structure as it relates to the primary functions of those divisions:
- Parks and Cemetery: Maintains the city’s park system composed of 17 designated park and beach properties and related amenities, encompassing over 200 acres of public park land. Also responsible for the management of three (3) city-owned cemeteries and oversight of 40 miles of public Right-of-Way and public property trees.
- Streets and Sanitation: Maintains city streets and sidewalks, including snow removal, oversees the collection of rubbish and recycling, maintains public parking lots, and responsible for installing permanent and temporary traffic control signage. The Streets and Sanitation division also oversees the City’s motor pool, a fleet of over 100 vehicles and various specialized pieces of equipment.
- Water & Sewer Distribution: Provides municipal drinking water to properties within the city, as well as to the communities of Lincoln Charter Township, St. Joseph Charter Township, the Village of Shoreham, and the Village of Stevensville. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of public sanitary and storm sewer systems within the city of St. Joseph only.
Hydrant Flushing Program
Please click this link to see information on the hydrant flushing program.
We can all do our part to keep our streams, rivers and Lake Michigan clean and healthy. Learn more about our water resources and what you can do to protect them by visiting www.swmpc.org/water.asp. To find out when and how to report water pollution incidents visit http://www.swmpc.org/report.asp
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344