Latest News (8)
Job Opening: Athletic Field Groundskeeper
The City of St. Joseph is currently accepting applications for the position of Athletic Field Groundskeeper in the Public Works Department.Read more ...
March 2021 Board of Review Meetings
Job Opening: Water Filtration Plant Operator
The City of St. Joseph is currently accepting applications for the position of Water Filtration Plant Operator.Read more ...
Job Opening: Seasonal Laborer
The City of St. Joseph is currently accepting applications for the position of Seasonal Laborer in the Public Works Department.Read more ...
Lead and Copper Water Testing
Advertisement for Bids: Lakeview Avenue Sanitary Sewer Replacement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 pm local time March 16, 2021 by the City of St. Joseph at the City Clerk's Office, 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085.Read more ...
Job Opening: Director of Public Works
The City of St. Joseph is seeking qualified applicants for the position for Director of the Department of Public Works.Read more ...
City of St. Joseph Parks and Recreation Master Plan 2021-2025
To view the City of St. Joseph Parks & Recreation Master Plan please click here.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects including:
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
Assistant City Engineer:
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
For information on the St. Joseph River - Bicentennial Bridge USGS Stream Gage, please click on it.
Kingsley, Morton, Orchard and Langley Projects
2021 Langley Reconstruction Project
2020 Water Service Replacements Project
The City has contracted with Compton Inc from South Haven, MI to complete the work for the 2020 Water Service Line Replacement Project. As part of this work the City will also be replacing any private water service made of galvanized steel or lead from the curb stop to just inside the home as well as the public water service in the street. The construction for the first 12 replacements is expected to start the week of October 5th and will be undertaken using trenchless means to the extent possible. You can view a progress map for the work HERE.
Lead Water Service Information
Please follow this link for more details. Lead Service Replacement Program
Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Program
Point of contact:
Tim Zebell, P.E.
Please see the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy (EGLE) Report for additional information at : https://www.michigan.gov/documents/egle/wrd-cso-sso-rtb-2019-annual-report_695004_7.pdf
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right-of-Way Application (PDF)(revised 1-23-2018)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
Please contact City Engineer Tim Zebell for information on the wter main permit approval process.
Wind: 15.53 m/h
01 Mar 2021
02 Mar 2021
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.