Latest News (8)
Agenda for City Commission meeting, Monday, August 10 @ 6:00 PM
To view the agenda items before the St. Joseph City Commission at their meeting Monday, August 10 at 6:00 p.m click onRead more ...
New website lets tourists visit St. Joseph from the comfort of their couches
ST. JOSEPH, Mich. (July 29, 2020) – The City of St. Joseph, in concert with The Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber and St. Joseph Today, recently announced the launch of a site that allows visitors to virtually stroll through downtown St. Joseph, facilitate shopping and check out what’s new along the bluff.Read more ...
Job Opening: Building Inspector
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Building Inspector, working under the supervision of the Inspection Dept. Administrator.Read more ...
Request for Qualifications (RFQ) CSO Storage Project
The City of St. Joseph invites interested Consultants to submit information regarding their experience and qualifications for providing professional engineering services for the CSO Storage Project.Read more ...
The City's Sign Ordinance was updated/adopted in January 2020.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Exterior Re-caulking of City Hall Seams, Cracks, Expansion Joints and Penetrations
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from interested contractors.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Professional Service Consulting Five Year Parks and Recreation Master Plan 2021- 2025
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from qualified firms to createa five (5) year Parks and Recreation Master Plan.Read more ...
Registering to Vote
Have you moved and need to update your address for voting?Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 4.35 m/h
11 Aug 2020
12 Aug 2020
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344