Latest News (8)
City Commission Meeting of May 23, 2022 Rescheduled to Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Please be advised that the City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, May 23, 2022 has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 31, 2022, at 6pm. The Public Notice is available here.
Job Opening: Water & Sewer Serviceman
The City of St. Joseph is seeking a Water and Sewer Serviceperson to join our team!Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) North Boiler Replacement for the St. Joseph Water Plant
Proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 8, 2022 by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph MI 49085.Read more ...
Notice of DWSRF Project Plan Public Hearing - June 13, 2022
The City of St. Joseph will hold a public hearing on the proposed Drinking Water State Revolving Fund project for the purpose of receiving comments from interested persons.The hearing will be held at 6:00 p.m. on June 13, 2022 at St. Joseph City Hall, 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085.
The notice of the public hearing is available here.
The draft project plan is available here.
Job Opening: Utility Billing Specialist
The City of St. Joseph is seeking a Utility Billing Specialist to join our team!Read more ...
Homeowner Grant Programs - AMP/ NIP
Honor Credit Union has partnered with the Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (FHLBI) to make available home repair grants for low-income individuals. Please see below and the attached program information.Read more ...
Job Opening: Athletic Field Groundskeeper
The City of St. Joseph is currently accepting applications for Athletic Field Groundskeeper in the Public Works Department.Read more ...
New Voter ID Cards Coming Soon
All registered voters in the City of St Joseph will be receiving a new Voter ID card indicating any changes.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Permits are available at City Hall.
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344