Latest News (8)
Agenda for City Commission Meeting, Monday November 11 @ 7:30PM
To view the agenda items before the St. Joseph City Commission at their meeting Monday, November 11th at 7:30 p.m., please click on http://stjosephcitymi.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx .
City Hall closed Veteran's Day, 11/11, for in-house chores
Please be advised that City Hall will be closed Monday, 11/11, Veteran's Day, as employees will be performing in-house duties.
Request for Proposals (RFP) Water & Sewer and Maintenance Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of commonly used water and sewer repair parts and supplies.Read more ...
Request for Proposals (RFP) Public Works Materials and Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of construction and maintenance materials and supplies for use by the Department of Public Works.Read more ...
Job Opening: Utility Billing Specialist
The City of St. Joseph is seeking a Utility Billing Specialist in the Finance Department.Read more ...
Open House Scheduled for the Downtown Vision Master Plan
Open House scheduled for the Downtown Vision Master Plan. Wednesday, November 13th from 4 pm to 7 pm in the Commission Chambers at City Hall. For additional information, please click here.
Per- and Polyfloalkyl Substances (PFAS) in Drinking Water
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), are a group of chemicals that have been classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an emerging contaminant on the national level.Read more ...
Howard Ice Arena Open Skate Schedule
Please click on Open Skate Schedule to view the Open Skate hours. The ice arena will tentatively open on November 18th.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Permits are available at City Hall.
Wind: 12.43 m/h
12 Nov 2019
13 Nov 2019
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344