City Clerk: Deb Koroch
Address:700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-6325
Fax: (269) 985-0347
Michigan Election Law provides that elections must be held on only four (4) predetermined dates throughout the year:
1. The fourth Tuesday in February
2. The first Tuesday after the first Monday in May
3. The first Tuesday after the first Monday in August
4. The first Tuesday after the first Monday in November
City Commissioners are elected in November of odd numbered years. A Primary Election will be held in August whenever more than two candidates qualify as nominees for each office to be filled.
City Commissioner nominating packets for the 2013 August Primary will be available after January 15, 2013. Nominating petitions for City Commissioner are due to the City Clerk no later than 4:00 p.m. on the twelfth Tuesday preceding the August Primary (May 14, 2013). If six (6) or fewer candidates qualify as nominees, no primary will be held and the names of all nominees will be placed on the November ballot.
General Information pertaining to City Clerk's office
Located on City Hall's first floor, the City Clerk's office is St. Joseph's information hub. The office provides timely, courteous, customer-oriented services to the citizens and friends of St. Joseph.
- Accepts payments for water and sewer bills, property taxes and parking tickets
- Applications for seats on city boards and commissions
- Licenses for going-out-of-business sales
- Permits for garage sales, and for stationary, moving and transient vendors
- Provides city maps, free publications, event and service calendars
- Voter Registration/Elections
- City Park & Pavilion Reservations
- Bandshell Reservations
The City Clerk provides direct services to the St. Joseph City Commission, the Cemetery Board, Election Commission and the Board of Canvassers.
The Clerk's office maintains current voter registration records on the State Qualified Voter File, and supervises all city, state and federal elections.
All official city records, including the City Charter and Code of Ordinances, City Commission minutes, cemetery records, legal documents, resolutions and lists of local authorities, boards, commissions and committees are maintained by the department.
If you are interested in sitting on one of the City's boards, commissions or committees, please complete an application and submit it to the City Manager's office.
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you.