Notice of Public Hearing
A Public Hearing is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2018 at a regular meeting of the St. Joseph City Commission to be held in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street, for the purpose of considering a grant application to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Trust Fund.Read more ...
Press Release: Final Weekend of the Season for the John and Dede Howard Ice Arena
The City of St. Joseph's John and Dede Howard Ice Arena will be closing for the season this Sunday March 18. To view the 03/14/18 Press Release, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts #18.01
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts at 719 Hoyt Street, 802 Hoyt Street, 804 Hoyt Street, Saint Joseph Michigan 49085, as part of code enforcement cases.Read more ...
Advertisement for Bids - 2018 Sidewalk Project
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. local time April 25, 2018 for the 2018 Sidewalk Project.Read more ...
Dunham Lift Station Proposal Results
To view the Dunham Lift Station proposal results click here.
Construction Board of Review & Property Maintenance Board of Review Meetings 3/22/18 Meetings Canceled
Please be advised that the St. Joseph Construction Board of Review and St. Joseph Property Maintenance Board of Review meetings have been canceled.Read more ...
Job Opening: Water & Sewer Serviceperson
The City of St. Joseph is accepting applications/resumes for the position of Water & Sewer Serviceperson.Read more ...
City's leaf pickup begins March 19th - April 27th
Leaf collection begins Monday, March 19th through Friday, April 27th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through construction material. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup.
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you