Public Notice: St. Joseph City Commission
Please click on the Notice of Public Meeting to find out more detail about the upcoming St. Joseph Meeting being held on Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street St. Joseph, Michigan 49085.
Special Meeting Monday, December 18 @ 5:30 p.m. - Public Forum
Please be advised that a Public Forum will take place Monday, December 18, 2017, @ 5:30 p.m. for the purpose of interviewing the final eight (8) applicants vying for the 5th Commission seat.Read more ...
Looking for Affordable and Fair Housing?
Please be advised that there will be a booth at the Maud Preston Palenske Library, 500 Market Street, St. Joseph, Michigan, on Thursday, December 14th from 4 - 7:30 p.m.Read more ...
Agenda for December 11 City Commission Meeting @ 6 p.m.
The City Commission will meet Monday, December 11 @ 6 p.m. to conduct regular business.Read more ...
2017 Coastal Study Draft
The draft coastal study update and appendices will be presented to the City Commission at its regular meeting Monday, December 11, 2017. Please click on the update and/or appendices in order to view and download them.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Water & Sewer Repair and Maintenance Supplies 2018
Proposals will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 by the city of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. Click to view the Notice, RFP, and the Bid Form.
Request for Proposals - Public Works Materials and Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of construction and maintenance materials and supplies for use by the Department of Public Works.Read more ...
December "City Connection" Newsletter
The December 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through construction material. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup.
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you