Bid Tabulations - Tree Planting
Bid Tabulations for City Right of Way (ROW) Tree Planting (Bid opened March 21 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project
Bid Results for Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project (Bid opened March 22 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Guernsey Court Drainage Repair
Bid Results for Guernsey Drainage Repair - Opened on March 22nd at 3:00 pm.
Job Opening for West Basin Marina
The City of St. Joseph is accepting applications for the West Basin Marina.Read more ...
Job Opening for a Laborer in the Parks and Cemetery Division
The City of St. Joseph is seeking a full-time Laborer in the Parks and Cemetery Division.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Heating and Gas Line Upgrades for the Public Works Facility
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals for the Heating and Gas Line Upgrades for the Public Works Facility.Read more ...
March/April 2017 "City Connection" Newsletter
The March/April 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
Public Notice Re: 2017 Drinking Water Revolving Fund Project Plan
There will be a Public Hearing held on April 10, 2017 at 6:00 pm for the proposed Water System Improvements Project Plan for the purpose of receiving comments from interested persons. To read the Public Notice in its entirety, please click here.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
2017 CSO Project
Public Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Project (2/27/2017).
Environmental Assessment Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Improvement Projects (1/17/2017).
Hilltop Road Project
Public Notice for Hilltop Road.
Monthly Reports and Updates