Agenda for City Commission meeting Monday, 9/25 @ 6 p.m.
To view the agenda items before the St. Joseph City Commission at their meeting Monday, September 25th at 6 p.m., please click on http://stjosephcitymi.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx.
Zoning Board of Appeals 9/21/2017 Meeting Postponed
Please be advised that the Zoning Board of Appeals scheduled for Thursday, September 21, 2017, has been postponed until Thursday, October 19th.Read more ...
Job Opening: Howard Ice Arena Seasonal
The City of St. Joseph is seeking mature, reliable individuals to fill several positions at the Howard Ice Arena for the upcoming Fall/Winter season.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) - Scrape, Prime & Paint and Repair Roof Contract
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for a Scrape, Prime & Paint and Roof Repair Contract at 719 Hoyt Street as part of a code enforcement case.Read more ...
For additional information on the SAW Grant, please click on the links.Read more ...
2017 Resurfacing Project - Public Notice
For additional information on the 2017 Resurfacing Project, please click here.
August/September "City Connection" Newsletter
The August/September 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
2017 CSO Project Update 7-17-17
This is an update for the 2017 CSO Project for the Week of July 17th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
2017 Resurfacing Project Public Notice
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project
On Wednesday, September 13th at 9 AM, a meeting will be held to review the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction plans with an Arborist on site. The meeting will commence west of the Lakeview Avenue and Wallace Avenue intersection next to the softball field in Dickinson Park. City staff has arranged for an excavator to be on site for the meeting to help in the evaluation process. The goal of the meeting is to look at practical methods to minimize the impact to the trees. The meeting is open to the public.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
2017 CSO Project
Public Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Project (2/27/2017).
Environmental Assessment Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Improvement Projects (1/17/2017).