Latest News (8)
Advertisement for Bids: BH-SJ Joint Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Benton Harbor-St. Joseph Joint Wastewater Treatment Plant is seeking bids for construction of the Existing Headworks Upgrade.Read more ...
WSJOB Meeting 8/15/2018 Meeting Cancelled
Please be advised that the WSJOB meeting scheduled for August 15th has been cancelled.Read more ...
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project Update 8/6/18
To view the latest update for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project, please click here.
Job Opening: Administrative Secretary
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Administrative Secretary in the Public Safety Department.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
May "City Connection" Newsletter
The May 2018 City Connection newsletter has been published.
City Residents have been given an additional week to clear their property of brush.Read more ...
2018 St. Joseph Public Art Exhibit: Magical Kingdom of St. Joseph
COME ONE, COME ALL TO THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF ST. JOSEPH DURING ITS 15th ANNUAL PUBLIC ART EXHIBIT
MAY 18-SEPT. 20, 2018
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 11 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344