Notice of Public Hearing
A Public Hearing is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2018 at a regular meeting of the St. Joseph City Commission to be held in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street, for the purpose of considering a grant application to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Trust Fund.Read more ...
Press Release: Final Weekend of the Season for the John and Dede Howard Ice Arena
The City of St. Joseph's John and Dede Howard Ice Arena will be closing for the season this Sunday March 18. To view the 03/14/18 Press Release, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts #18.01
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts at 719 Hoyt Street, 802 Hoyt Street, 804 Hoyt Street, Saint Joseph Michigan 49085, as part of code enforcement cases.Read more ...
Advertisement for Bids - 2018 Sidewalk Project
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. local time April 25, 2018 for the 2018 Sidewalk Project.Read more ...
Dunham Lift Station Proposal Results
To view the Dunham Lift Station proposal results click here.
Construction Board of Review & Property Maintenance Board of Review Meetings 3/22/18 Meetings Canceled
Please be advised that the St. Joseph Construction Board of Review and St. Joseph Property Maintenance Board of Review meetings have been canceled.Read more ...
Job Opening: Water & Sewer Serviceperson
The City of St. Joseph is accepting applications/resumes for the position of Water & Sewer Serviceperson.Read more ...
City's leaf pickup begins March 19th - April 27th
Leaf collection begins Monday, March 19th through Friday, April 27th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project
Final plans for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project were delivered to MDOT on November 17, 2017. The project will be bid through the MDOT letting process with a bid opening date of February 2, 2018 anticipated. Construction is scheduled to commence on June 11, 2018 and substantial completion is anticipated August 31, 2018.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of way Application (PDF)(revised 1-23-2018)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
Wind: 14 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344