Public Notice: St. Joseph City Commission
Please click on the Notice of Public Meeting to find out more detail about the upcoming St. Joseph Meeting being held on Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street St. Joseph, Michigan 49085.
Special Meeting Monday, December 18 @ 5:30 p.m. - Public Forum
Please be advised that a Public Forum will take place Monday, December 18, 2017, @ 5:30 p.m. for the purpose of interviewing the final eight (8) applicants vying for the 5th Commission seat.Read more ...
Looking for Affordable and Fair Housing?
Please be advised that there will be a booth at the Maud Preston Palenske Library, 500 Market Street, St. Joseph, Michigan, on Thursday, December 14th from 4 - 7:30 p.m.Read more ...
Agenda for December 11 City Commission Meeting @ 6 p.m.
The City Commission will meet Monday, December 11 @ 6 p.m. to conduct regular business.Read more ...
2017 Coastal Study Draft
The draft coastal study update and appendices will be presented to the City Commission at its regular meeting Monday, December 11, 2017. Please click on the update and/or appendices in order to view and download them.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Water & Sewer Repair and Maintenance Supplies 2018
Proposals will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 by the city of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. Click to view the Notice, RFP, and the Bid Form.
Request for Proposals - Public Works Materials and Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of construction and maintenance materials and supplies for use by the Department of Public Works.Read more ...
December "City Connection" Newsletter
The December 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project
Final plans for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project were delivered to MDOT on November 17, 2017. The project will be bid through the MDOT letting process with a bid opening date of February 2, 2018 anticipated. Construction is scheduled to commence on June 11, 2018 and substantial completion is anticipated August 31, 2018.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344