Public Notice: St. Joseph City Commission
Please click on the Notice of Public Meeting to find out more detail about the upcoming St. Joseph Meeting being held on Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street St. Joseph, Michigan 49085.
Special Meeting Monday, December 18 @ 5:30 p.m. - Public Forum
Please be advised that a Public Forum will take place Monday, December 18, 2017, @ 5:30 p.m. for the purpose of interviewing the final eight (8) applicants vying for the 5th Commission seat.Read more ...
Looking for Affordable and Fair Housing?
Please be advised that there will be a booth at the Maud Preston Palenske Library, 500 Market Street, St. Joseph, Michigan, on Thursday, December 14th from 4 - 7:30 p.m.Read more ...
Agenda for December 11 City Commission Meeting @ 6 p.m.
The City Commission will meet Monday, December 11 @ 6 p.m. to conduct regular business.Read more ...
2017 Coastal Study Draft
The draft coastal study update and appendices will be presented to the City Commission at its regular meeting Monday, December 11, 2017. Please click on the update and/or appendices in order to view and download them.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Water & Sewer Repair and Maintenance Supplies 2018
Proposals will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 by the city of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. Click to view the Notice, RFP, and the Bid Form.
Request for Proposals - Public Works Materials and Supplies
The City of St. Joseph is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop a price list for the purchase of construction and maintenance materials and supplies for use by the Department of Public Works.Read more ...
December "City Connection" Newsletter
The December 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Please complete a Rummage/Garage Sale application and return to the City Clerk's office.
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344