Notice of Public Hearing
A Public Hearing is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2018 at a regular meeting of the St. Joseph City Commission to be held in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street, for the purpose of considering a grant application to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Trust Fund.Read more ...
Press Release: Final Weekend of the Season for the John and Dede Howard Ice Arena
The City of St. Joseph's John and Dede Howard Ice Arena will be closing for the season this Sunday March 18. To view the 03/14/18 Press Release, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts #18.01
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts at 719 Hoyt Street, 802 Hoyt Street, 804 Hoyt Street, Saint Joseph Michigan 49085, as part of code enforcement cases.Read more ...
Advertisement for Bids - 2018 Sidewalk Project
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. local time April 25, 2018 for the 2018 Sidewalk Project.Read more ...
Dunham Lift Station Proposal Results
To view the Dunham Lift Station proposal results click here.
Construction Board of Review & Property Maintenance Board of Review Meetings 3/22/18 Meetings Canceled
Please be advised that the St. Joseph Construction Board of Review and St. Joseph Property Maintenance Board of Review meetings have been canceled.Read more ...
Job Opening: Water & Sewer Serviceperson
The City of St. Joseph is accepting applications/resumes for the position of Water & Sewer Serviceperson.Read more ...
City's leaf pickup begins March 19th - April 27th
Leaf collection begins Monday, March 19th through Friday, April 27th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Please complete a Rummage/Garage Sale application and return to the City Clerk's office.
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344